- Students are expected to be regular and punctual to the classes. All the students are asked to maintain 100% attendance.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear for the university examination in any semester, only if the candidate secures not less than 75% of the attendance in terms of total number of periods.
- Students should get prior permission to take leave.
- When the students avail On Duty leave in connection with sports, fine arts, presentation of papers, project work etc., they should make sure that their On Duty leave application in the prescribed format, approved through proper channel.
- Medical leave will be granted on production of medical certificate issued by the authorized physician and should be sanctioned by the College authorities.
- Absence from Periodical Tests without leave will be regarded as a serious breach of discipline.
- Performance in each course of study shall be evaluated based on (i) continuous internal assessment during the semester/year and (ii) a university examination at the end of the semester/year.
Code of Conduct for Discipline:
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited inside and outside the college premises.
- Drinking alcohol, consuming drugs and smoking, use of mobile phones inside the premises of the college is strictly prohibited.
- Students shall not loiter along the verandahs or crowd in front of the office or the Campus roads. Students should refrain from sitting on places such as parapet walls, staircases and footpaths etc.
- Students shall not indulge in violence of any kind.
- Groupism of any kind that would distort the harmony is not permitted.
- Students are prohibited from indulging in anti-institutional, anti-national, antisocial, communal, immoral and political expressions and activities within the Campus and hostels.
- Students from other colleges and friends from outside are not allowed inside the campus without permission.
- Students are bound to obey any disciplinary action including non issue of conduct certificate on any ground.
- Silence shall be maintained in the campus.
Cleanliness of the Campus:
- Students shall only use the waste bins to dispense with waste materials within the Campus including classrooms, hostels, offices, canteen and messes.
- Writing on walls, pillars, toilets and furniture is strictly prohibited.
- Eating of snacks/lunch inside the class rooms or in the corridor is strictly prohibited. They should take their lunch only in the students’ amenities centre.
Care of the College Property:
- Students shall not deface, disfigure, damage or destroy or cause any loss in any manner to or regarding public, private or Institute’s properties.
- Students are advised to switch off the fans and lights when they leave the class rooms.
- Furniture in the class rooms should not be moved and displaced.
- Overhead/LCD Projectors kept in the class rooms should not be meddled with.
- All the students are expected to come to the college decently dressed.
- Girls can only wear either saree or churidhar to the class.
- Wearing of T-shirts, short shirts, shirts with printed sceneries or write up and Jeans pant is totally prohibited in the college campus.
Training & Placement:
- The students should attend the internal and external placement training programmes without fail.
- If the students are really interested in doing their higher studies and if they are not interested to attend the placement programmes, such students should get the permission from their respective HOD’s along with their parent consent in written format prior to any placement programme.
- All the eligible students should attend on campus or off campus placement programme without fail. If any eligible student does not want to attend the particular placement programme, he/she should get permission from respective HODs, along with their parents written format and the same should be submitted to the placement cell, the next day after announcing the programme.
- All the students participating in a particular placement programme should wait in the hall until the results are announced.
- During the On campus/Off campus placement programme, the students should not indulge in any sort of malpractice in the written examinations.
- During the personal interview or G.D. they should come in formals.
- During off campus programme, conducted in other colleges, the students should report to the respective venue in time.
- During any on campus/off campus placement programme, the students should possess enough copies of resumes, attested copies of certificates, passport size photographs and original certificates.
- During the off-campus placement programme the students should not indulge in any kind of activity which is detrimental to the reputation of our institute. If it is found, such students will be severely punished.
- All students are members of the library
- The library functions from 8.00am to 7.00pm on all working days.
- Each registered member is eligible to avail the prescribed maximum number of books and duration
- Members can borrow a Non-Book Material on request and it should be returned within three days including holidays.
- Books borrowed must be returned on the expiry of due date or it must be renewed failing which Rs1/- will be charged as fine from the defaulters per day/ per book.
- All the members should show his/her bar-coded identity card at the counter while borrowing the books. No books will be issued without ID card under any circumstances
- All are prohibited from sub-lending or transferring the books.
- Members should not alter the arrangement of books in the shelves.
- Books bank collections are only for the use of SC/ST students.
- All the library books must be returned to the library soon after the university examinations and for final year students before collecting their hall ticket.
- The librarian reserves the right to retain any book issued to any member before the due date, if it is required for any important purpose in the library.
- Students should sign the e-gate register before entering in the library
- Silence is to be strictly observed
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position.
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks are prohibited.
- If a book is lost, borrower is either liable for fine or bound to replace the same or both.
- Day wise fine will be collected for not returning the books on the due date.
- Defects found in the books and bound volumes taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought immediate to the notice of the staff on duty.
- Loss of ID cards is to be reported immediately
- Personal papers and non-library materials are not allowed in the library.
- Books are to be returned and the dues are to be remitted before going on vacation.
- Library will not accept return of books on the same date of issue.
- Don’t use pen or pencil to hold a particular page.
- Members who do not observe the rules may be barred from using the facility.
Library rules for borrowing books:
|Category||No of Books||Duration||Renewal|
|Students (U.G/P.G)||6||14 Days||Two|
|SC/ST Students (Through Book Bank) – Additional Books||7||180 Days||Nil|
|Rank Holder Students||2||One Semester||Nil|
Digital library and Internet Sources:
- Persons using internet in library computers must agree to the library system Policy before using the internet and must follow all the applicable laws. Anyone found to be in violation of any library policy or of any law would be subjected to penalties including termination of computer use and termination of library use.
- The use of Institute electronic information resources is a privilege, not a right, and the Institute may revoke the privilege at any time for misuse. Inappropriate uses of institute resources may result in administrative discipline up to and including separation from the Institute.
- The Internet computers and connected devices like printers, DVD Drives, Floppy drives are managed by on duty library staff in order to fairly ensure access to library resources for all library patrons.
- In accordance with the college internet policy, all internet computers provided by the Library are equipped with filtering software to prevent the viewing of offensive materials. Anyone who bypasses the web-filtering technology on any library computer will be forfeited from all future rights to use any computer within the Library.
- Users may not download programs or modify library computers in any way without staff assistance.
- Users may not unplug, remove, or otherwise modify library equipment.
- Users are instructed not to bring any CD-ROMs into the library other than the CD borrowed from Library. Obtain permission from the library staff for use otherwise.
- Only one student should use a single user at a given time.
- Scan your Storage Disks [CD/Floppy/USB Flash Drives] with the anti-virus software before using with permission.
- Library computers will have updated anti-virus software configured to scan files on disks as they are accessed.
- Persons warned by the software that they may have a virus on their disk should stop work immediately and seek staff assistance.
- The inmates of the hostel shall keep their valuables in safe custody in their suitcase at their own risk & responsibilities. They have to see that their suitcases are kept locked when not in use.
- Their rooms shall be locked whenever they leave their rooms.
- No pictures or posters shall be pasted on the walls.
- Fans and lights shall be put off when not in use.
- Care shall be taken to see that the water taps are closed when not in use.
- Any malfunctioning of utility equipment like fans, lights, water taps etc., shall be immediately reported to the warden, illness should be reported without delay to the wardens.
- Damaging hostel properties will entail severe disciplinary action which will lead to recovering the cost of damage.
- Hostel Students should not stay outside of the hostel premises without prior permission.
- Visitors are allowed to see the inmates only with the prior permission from the warden. The students are required to give the list of bonafide visitors in the standard form.
- Visitors will not be allowed after 6-00p.m.
- Students will be allowed to go home only on Sundays or on declared holidays and they should get prior permission before leaving the hostel.
- During the weekdays, from Monday to Friday, the students are not allowed to go home without the permission of the HOD’s concerned.
- Students who are going on leave of outing should enter into the hostel within 7.00p.m on working days and 8.00p.m. on holidays.
- Compulsory study hours and silence hours will be observed on all working days.
- The following mess functioning timings will be strictly followed:
Breakfast : 8.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
Lunch : 12.30 a.m. to 2.15 p.m.
Evening tea : 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Dinner : 7-30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Students should not be in casual wears outside the hostel premises.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited.
- No electrical gadgets, musical instruments etc. will be allowed to be kept in rooms.
- Using mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the hostel campus.
- Drinking alcohol, consuming drugs and smoking are strictly prohibited.
- Hostel students should not stay in their rooms/ absenting from classes without proper permission from the authorities.
- Students who wish to avail leave for more than a day should submit request for approval of the warden.
- Students should not entertain their day scholar friends or relatives in their rooms.
- If minimum standards of discipline are NOT MAINTAINED SUITABLE ACTION WILL BE TAKEN.
- Hostel accommodation is subject to change every year. Hostel Accommodation may be cancelled if the behaviour of the student in the past is not satisfactory.
- Students who wish to withdraw from the hostel should submit a written request from the parent to the warden and the hostel fee paid by the students will not be refunded if he vacates the hostel in the middle of the academic year.
- If the behaviour of a student and adherence of a student to the rules and regulation of the hostel and the college are not satisfactory, HE/SHE WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THE HOSTEL.